iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad Apps Search Engine
iPhone Apps Users Community
Advanced search | Example: action games
iPhone apps

Battle for Wesnoth HD

Battle for Wesnoth HD
  • #: 172606
  • Price: $4.99 In Apple Store
  • Category: Games
  • Updated: 2010-05-27
  • Current Version: 1.5
  • 1.5
  • Size: 257.00 MB
  • Language: English
  • Seller: Kyle Poole
  • Requirements: Compatible with iPad. Requires iOS 3.2 or later
  • © 2010 Battle for Wesnoth
  •  Add to Favorite apps

 

Description

The next massive update is here! Thanks to everyone for all the great feedback to help make this a better game! Episode 5 features saved game syncing, full unit info popups, and time of day terrain shading! You'll also love the new undead campaign with more than 10 hours of gameplay!

-

REVIEWS

"...the most in-depth turn based strategy game available for the iPhone." - Touch Arcade

"For strategy fans out there, The Battle for Wesnoth is packed with content and leaves almost nothing behind." - No DPad

"Battle for Wesnoth is an epic strategy game that’s almost perfect...Overall, [it] is quite the accomplishment for the platform providing a tremendously deep game experience with more content than you can imagine." - Big Albie user review on Touch Arcade

"The Battle for Wesnoth stands as one of the largest, most epic games yet released on the iPhone." - Slide To Play, Rated 4+ "Must Have"

-

Battle for Wesnoth is the official port of a gigantic, complex and detailed full-scale strategy-RPG. We made sure that nothing was cut from the game, everything from flags flapping to skeletons juggling their heads, it's all here!

Wesnoth is a unique combination of tactical strategy RPGs like Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Panzer General, and Final Fantasy Tactics. Using your hero, you need to capture villages to gain income, and recruit new units to do battle. These units gain experience through combat and can level up into powerful new classes. But make sure to protect your veteran troops, as they can be recalled throughout a campaign!

To find out more about the game or to play the PC/Mac version for free, please visit http://www.wesnoth.org

FEATURES

* Almost 200 campaign scenarios across 15 major campaigns - literally hundreds of hours of gameplay!!

* Over 200 fully animated unit types in six major factions, all with distinctive abilities, weapons and spells

* Experienced units gain powerful new abilities as they advance

* Bring your battle-hardened troops with you as you fight through campaigns

* Highly detailed and varied terrain graphics

* Three levels of difficulty for casual to expert players

* Cross-platform multiplayer matches against iPhone, PC, mac and linux players!

* Professional music score with 90 minutes of original music

* OpenFeint integration with achievements

INCLUDED CAMPAIGNS

The South Guard (9 missions)

Heir to the Throne (25 missions)

A Tale of Two Brothers (4 missions)

An Orcish Incursion (7 missions)

Liberty (9 missions)

Legend of Wesmere (17 missions)

The Eastern Invasion (18 missions)

The Hammer of Thursagan (13 missions)

Descent into Darkness (11 missions)

Dead Water (10 missions)

The Sceptre of Fire (9 missions)

Son of the Black-Eye (18 missions)

The Rise of Wesnoth (25 missions)

Northern Rebirth (14 missions)

Under the Burning Suns (11 missions)

Invasion from the Unknown (26 missions)

Oooooze Awakening (4 missions +RPG)

The Dark Hordes (9 missions)

+ 40 skirmish/multiplayer maps!

FREE CONTENT UPDATES!

This is the full premium Wesnoth bundle, that includes all campaigns and previous episodes. But wait, there's more! The game is constantly being improved and new content added, and you will enjoy lifetime free upgrades!

NEW PLAYERS

Are you worried that the game seems too complicated for you? Don't be! Although Wesnoth does have very deep strategy, it has 3 difficulty levels to cater to both experienced and novice players. After playing the tutorial to learn the controls and basic tactics, try the first campaign on easy difficulty. You will find it challenging but fun, and you'll be slaying orcs and undead in no time!

Follow us @ twitter.com/iWesnoth

iPad Screenshots

Battle for Wesnoth HD iPad Screenshot 1
Battle for Wesnoth HD iPad Screenshot 2

Video Reviews

No video review.

Customer reviews

Write a Review

Rated 4/5 based on 3 customer reviews.

 

5/5 stars

Updated review

:
Previously I gave this four stars, and while my chief issue remains (button size), with this latest update the publisher needs and deserves some sort of reward for the continued free expansion and improvement of this product. As a disclaimer I have to say that I bought this for .99 cents, but even at 4.99 this game is an incredible value in terms of the depth and detail. There quite literally is hundreds of hours of gameplay to be had here.

If you like turn based strategy games, this is an iPad "must have."

5/5 stars

Hate this game

:
One more turn, hold on, not yet, ok, one more. What I can't stop now .... That's why I hate his game, I can't stop playing it. But it is such an enjoyable waste of time

Thank you. Would write more, but I am in the middle of a campaign and must get back to it.

2/5 stars

Somewhat flawed

:
It's a decent attempt at a strategy rpg and would've been a rather great one had it not for its rather flawed combat system. It seems even at easy difficulty that the computer has a handicap. You know the probability chance isn't entirely along the lines of statistics when your unit has a 70% attack chance against a computer controlled unit that has a 30% chance, and yet your unit misses the 4 attacks it has while the computer hits all of theirs.

Maybe this is suppose to give an 'epic' feel to the battles but more or less it just leads to a lot of frustration. Especially when your level 3 unit gets its HP taken to a half by a level 1 computer units even when your unit is on a terrain providing 60% defense. Add more frustration when that computer unit is on a 20% defense mote yet your level 3 guy can't even hit once out of the 4 attacks it gets.

The latest update is great. Adds more 'fun' and play value to it, but with the combat so dismal, it may be more frustrating than its worth. And whoever did the tower defense probably never played a tower defense game. Where's the interest? The houses by themselves without interest doesn't provide enough funds. The upgrades are absurdly expensive. The AI is stupid enough to shoot arrows at the lower hp units while allowing the full health units to run through. And it doesn't help that in a REAL and proper towe defense game, all the towers have 100% hit chance which this game obviously doesn't have, so a tower defense component campaign really doesn't work as it should. Did people not play test this game, not feel bothered by these frustrations and just blindly give it a high rating?

Forum

Ask a question

Be the first question this app.

Users Community

+ Connect to community


The information may be outdated (2011-04-21 21:17:58). For actual information go to iTunes


Mobile Version
iApps4you.com - is iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad apps search engine and not been authorized, sponsored or approved by Apple Inc.
Copyright © 2017 iApps4you.com.
50 ms.